It is that time of year when you party to the fullest. You get invitations and you invite your friends and family for a house party too. So have you planned anything for your upcoming party as yet? If not then you need to plan your party well on time and avoid the last minute rush. When it is about a house party keeping the mood casual and relaxed would be best. So it would be a great idea if you arrange for a barbeque party.
What are your choices?
When you are planning a BBQ party for your guests you need the food to be absolutely perfect. If it is a large party then going for a professional BBQ catering service would be advisable. It would not only take away a chunk of your responsibility but also save time for you to enjoy with your friends and entertain them. When you hire a professional catering service you would be delighted to see the types of food that you can choose and these companies also offer personalized services for their clients. Grilled, roasted and barbequed food will be served with fine culinary specialty. So you have a great table to present to your invitees. You can also order for delicious sandwiches burgers and sliders for the youngsters.
Wide variety of finger licking food
One of the most mouth watering facts about professional catering is that it offers you a whole range of food items that are just impossible to make at home. So when you are hiring a professional service for your BBQ food, you get to choose from a wide range of items that are prepared from fresh and healthy products. The catering companies also make sure that they keep the quality very high in order to make it hygienic and healthy. Strict processing is observed while making the food and they are prepared with prolific élan. So while you are choosing the food for your BBQ party ensure that you have a mix and match of all types of food on your table to entertain your guests. It would be so much fun to have the best food and for the right party mood.
You can even purchase great BBQ at Soulmans BBQ Online If you actually need to visit Soulmans in your area, check out these BBQ Food Locations or do a search for bbq near me
How to choose the best caterer?
If you are going for a BBQ theme for your event then you must keep some important point in mind before you finalise your caterer.
You must also go with the experienced professionals and avoid experimenting with the new event professionals.
Always check their official website to have a clear understanding of the services.
You should also check out feed back of each event caterer from their customer. This will help you to get a clear picture of the company.
At last but not the least do a little survey to get the best price.
A BBQ theme is an amazing idea for a very happening party. You guest will love the delicious taste and will remember the party for a very long time.
Soulman’s BBQ is the best destination for anybody who is looking for something tasty in their BBQ catering. They are known among their clients for their hygiene, eye-catchy presentation of food and variety of cuisines offered.
A reverse mortgage is one of many vehicles that individuals 62 years of age or older can use to turn the equity in their home into cash. It is very important, though, for an individual to fully understand reverse mortgages, their ramifications, and the alternatives. This article will provide an overview of reverse mortgages, as well as discuss alternatives.
What is a Reverse Mortgage? With a “normal” home loan you pay a monthly amount (principal and interest). With each month, the amount that you owe goes down and the equity in your home goes up. As one might expect from its name, a reverse mortgage works in an opposite fashion. With a reverse mortgage you can turn the equity in your home into cash. You do not have to make monthly payments. The cash may be paid to you in one or more of the following ways:
As a single lump sum payment
As a regular monthly amount (a cash advance)
As a credit line account that you draw upon as needed
With a reverse mortgage, the homeowner continues to own their home and receives cash in whatever way is preferable to them. As they receive cash, their loan amount goes up, and the equity in their home declines. A reverse mortgage cannot grow to more than the amount of the equity of the house. In addition, a lender cannot seek payment of the loan from anything other than the value of the house. Your other assets and the assets of your heirs are protected by what is called a “non-recourse limit.” A reverse mortgage, plus accrued interest, does eventually have to get paid back. Repayment of a reverse mortgage happens when the last owner of the property named on the loan either dies, sells the home, or permanently moves out of the home. Before then, nothing needs to be paid on the loan. For reverse mortgage companies in florida, I highly recommend Access Reverse Mortgage.
There are other circumstances in which reverse mortgage lenders can also require repayment of a loan prior to the above conditions. These include:
The borrower fails to pay their property taxes
The borrower fails to maintain and repair their home
The borrower fails to keep their home insured
There are also other default conditions that can cause repayment of the loan. Most of these are similar to default conditions for traditional mortgages (for example, declaration of bankruptcy, donation or abandonment of the home, perpetration of fraud or misrepresentation, and more). A reverse mortgage should not be confused with a home equity loan or home equity line, both of which are other means of obtaining money for the equity in your home. With either of these loan vehicles, an individual must pay at least monthly interest on the loan amount received, or amount that they have drawn on their equity line. Reverse Mortgage Eligibility All owners of a home must apply for the reverse mortgage and sign the appropriate loan papers. To qualify for a reverse mortgage the borrower(s) must:
Own their own home
Be at least 62 years of age or older
A reverse mortgage is most typically a “first” mortgage, meaning that there cannot be any other mortgages or loans against the property, such as an equity line. An individual typically owns their home “free and clear” prior to seeking a reverse mortgage. Reverse Mortgage Loan Amounts The amount of money that an individual may receive from a reverse mortgage is a function of many different factors, including:
The specific reverse mortgage program that the individual selects
The type of cash advances received (e.g., lump sum vs. monthly payment)
The individual’s age (the older an individual is, the more cash they get)
The value of the individual’s home (the more valuable the home, the more cash they get)
Types of Reverse MortgagesThere are several different types of reverse mortgages. Some are more expensive than others. Types of reverse mortgages include:
Reverse mortgages offered by state and local governments (often called “single purpose reverse mortgages”). These are typically the least expensive reverse mortgages. These may be the most restrictive on how the money received can be used.
Federally insured Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM). These are almost always less expensive than other private sector reverse mortgages, but more expensive than reverse mortgages obtained from state and local governments.
Other private sector (proprietary) reverse mortgages.
Alternatives to Reverse MortgagesWhile usually an option that causes a negative emotional reaction, selling a home is an alternative to a reverse mortgage. The proceeds of the sale can be used to either rent, or purchase a smaller, more “age-friendly” home, while money leftover can be invested to provide additional income. This option should at least be considered and compared to a reverse mortgage so that an individual is making an informed decision. Reverse Mortgage Counseling Counseling is required in order to obtain certain types of reverse mortgages. Counseling is required before an individual can obtain a Federally-insured Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs). Even if counseling is not required for a particular reverse mortgage, individuals considering a reverse mortgage should seek either counseling or the advice of a qualified financial adviser. Good Sources of Information About Reverse Mortgages The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is an excellent resource for finding more information on reverse mortgages. Their web site (www.aarp.org) has extensive information on the subject. Information may also be found on the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association web site (www.reversemortgage.org), the HECM Resources site (www.hecmresources.org/index.cfm), the National Center for Home Equity Conversion web site (www.reverse.org), and the Federal Trade Commission (www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/homes/rms.htm). Another wealth of information about florida reverse loan can be found on Access Reverse Mortgage.com
Marijuana is also known as pot, grass and weed but its formal name is actually cannabis. It comes from the leaves and flowers of the plant Cannabis sativa. It is considered an illegal substance in the US and many countries and possession of marijuana is a crime punishable by law. With a doctor approval, you can pick up medical marijuana in local pot shops. The FDA classifies marijuana as Schedule I, substances which have a very high potential for abuse and have no proven medical use. Over the years several studies claim that some substances found in marijuana have medicinal use, especially in terminal diseases such as cancer and AIDS. This started a fierce debate over the pros and cons of the use of medical marijuana. To settle this debate, the Institute of Medicine published the famous 1999 IOM report entitled Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. The report was comprehensive but did not give a clear cut yes or no answer. The opposite camps of the medical marijuana issue often cite part of the report in their advocacy arguments. However, although the report clarified many things, it never settled the controversy once and for all.
Let’s look at the issues that support why medical marijuana should be legalized.
(1) Marijuana is a naturally occurring herb and has been used from South America to Asia as an herbal medicine for millennia. In this day and age when the all natural and organic are important health buzzwords, a naturally occurring herb like marijuana might be more appealing to and safer for consumers than synthetic drugs. To find out more about the benefits of medical marijuana, check out recreational pot shops. On that site, you can use the local medical marijuana dispensary locator.
(2) Marijuana has strong therapeutic potential. Several studies, as summarized in the IOM report, have observed that cannabis can be used as analgesic, e.g. to treat pain. A few studies showed that THC, a marijuana component is effective in treating chronic pain experienced by cancer patients. However, studies on acute pain such as those experienced during surgery and trauma have inconclusive reports. A few studies, also summarized in the IOM report, have demonstrated that some marijuana components have antiemetic properties and are, therefore, effective against nausea and vomiting, which are common side effects of cancer chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Some researchers are convinced that cannabis has some therapeutic potential against neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis. Specific compounds extracted from marijuana have strong therapeutic potential. Cannobidiol (CBD), a major component of marijuana, has been shown to have antipsychotic, anticancer and antioxidant properties. Other cannabinoids have been shown to prevent high intraocular pressure (IOP), a major risk factor for glaucoma. Drugs that contain active ingredients present in marijuana but have been synthetically produced in the laboratory have been approved by the US FDA. One example is Marinol, an antiemetic agent indicated for nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy. Its active ingredient is dronabinol, a synthetic delta-9- tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
(3) One of the major proponents of medical marijuana is the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP), a US-based organization. Many medical professional societies and organizations have expressed their support. As an example, The American College of Physicians, recommended a re-evaluation of the Schedule I classification of marijuana in their 2008 position paper. ACP also expresses its strong support for research into the therapeutic role of marijuana as well as exemption from federal criminal prosecution; civil liability; or professional sanctioning for physicians who prescribe or dispense medical marijuana in accordance with state law. Similarly, protection from criminal or civil penalties for patients who use medical marijuana as permitted under state laws.
(4) Medical marijuana is legally used in many developed countries The argument of if they can do it, why not us? is another strong point. Some countries, including Canada, Belgium, Austria, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Spain, Israel, and Finland have legalized the therapeutic use of marijuana under strict prescription control. Some states in the US are also allowing exemptions.
Now here are the arguments against medical marijuana.
(1) Lack of data on safety and efficacy. Drug regulation is based on safety first. The safety of marijuana and its components still has to first be established. Efficacy only comes second. Even if marijuana has some beneficial health effects, the benefits should outweigh the risks for it to be considered for medical use. Unless marijuana is proven to be better (safer and more effective) than drugs currently available in the market, its approval for medical use may be a long shot. According to the testimony of Robert J. Meyer of the Department of Health and Human Services having access to a drug or medical treatment, without knowing how to use it or even if it is effective, does not benefit anyone. Simply having access, without having safety, efficacy, and adequate use information does not help patients.
(2) Unknown chemical components. Medical marijuana can only be easily accessible and affordable in herbal form. Like other herbs, marijuana falls under the category of botanical products. Unpurified botanical products, however, face many problems including lot-to-lot consistency, dosage determination, potency, shelf-life, and toxicity. According to the IOM report if there is any future of marijuana as a medicine, it lies in its isolated components, the cannabinoids and their synthetic derivatives. To fully characterize the different components of marijuana would cost so much time and money that the costs of the medications that will come out of it would be too high. Currently, no pharmaceutical company seems interested in investing money to isolate more therapeutic components from marijuana beyond what is already available in the market.
(3) Potential for abuse. Marijuana or cannabis is addictive. It may not be as addictive as hard drugs such as cocaine; nevertheless it cannot be denied that there is a potential for substance abuse associated with marijuana. This has been demonstrated by a few studies as summarized in the IOM report.
(4) Lack of a safe delivery system. The most common form of delivery of marijuana is through smoking. Considering the current trends in anti-smoking legislations, this form of delivery will never be approved by health authorities. Reliable and safe delivery systems in the form of vaporizers, nebulizers, or inhalers are still at the testing stage.
(5) Symptom alleviation, not cure. Even if marijuana has therapeutic effects, it is only addressing the symptoms of certain diseases. It does not treat or cure these illnesses. Given that it is effective against these symptoms, there are already medications available which work just as well or even better, without the side effects and risk of abuse associated with marijuana.
The 1999 IOM report could not settle the debate about medical marijuana with scientific evidence available at that time. The report definitely discouraged the use of smoked marijuana but gave a nod towards marijuana use through a medical inhaler or vaporizer. In addition, the report also recommended the compassionate use of marijuana under strict medical supervision. Furthermore, it urged more funding in the research of the safety and efficacy of cannabinoids.
So what stands in the way of clarifying the questions brought up by the IOM report? The health authorities do not seem to be interested in having another review. There is limited data available and whatever is available is biased towards safety issues on the adverse effects of smoked marijuana. Data available on efficacy mainly come from studies on synthetic cannabinoids (e.g. THC). This disparity in data makes an objective risk-benefit assessment difficult.
Clinical studies on marijuana are few and difficult to conduct due to limited funding and strict regulations. Because of the complicated legalities involved, very few pharmaceutical companies are investing in cannabinoid research. In many cases, it is not clear how to define medical marijuana as advocated and opposed by many groups. Does it only refer to the use of the botanical product marijuana or does it include synthetic cannabinoid components (e.g. THC and derivatives) as well? Synthetic cannabinoids (e.g. Marinol) available in the market are extremely expensive, pushing people towards the more affordable cannabinoid in the form of marijuana. Of course, the issue is further clouded by conspiracy theories involving the pharmaceutical industry and drug regulators.
In conclusion, the future of medical marijuana and the settlement of the debate would depend on more comprehensive and comparable scientific research. An update of the IOM report anytime soon is well-needed.
Different sections of the society are working in their own ways to check the spread of the opioid epidemic in the United States. The Massachusetts Medical Education Working Group, a collaboration between state medical schools and health officials, has developed state-of-the-art cross-institutional core competencies for the prevention and management of prescription drug misuse.
The study, titled “Developing Core Competencies for the Prevention and Management of Prescription Drug Misuse: A Medical Education Collaboration in Massachusetts,” was published in the Academic Medicine, the journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges, in August 2016.
The paper elucidates on the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) Opioid Safe Prescribing and Training Immersion performance assessment for incorporating patient and standardized patient-based examinations, and technology-enhanced simulations.
Chalked out core competencies
One of the achievements of the group is that during a two-month period, it came up with 10 core competencies that all graduating medical students must demonstrate. These competencies would help in the prevention and management of prescription drug misuse.
The UMMS was swift in implementing the strategy for both medical and nursing students and was the first medical school in the commonwealth to fully incorporate the competencies into its curriculum. It focused primarily on preventing prescription drug misuse, treating patients at risk for substance abuse and managing substance use disorders as chronic diseases.
“I think we’re the national model here at UMass, both in the type of education we’re doing for opioid safe prescribing, and in the fact that we’re doing this collaboratively among the four medical schools. We’re responding to a crisis in our community,” said Terence R. Flotte, M.D., the Celia and Isaac Haidak Professor of Medical Education, executive deputy chancellor, provost and dean of the UMMS School of Medicine.
“We have a series of high fidelity simulations and we have patient actors who will work through live scenarios where the students have to evaluate and treat their pain, identify patients at risk, manage patients with overdose, manage patients with substance abuse disorders,” Flotte said.
The program was lauded from all quarters. A total of 8,200 students and clinical professionals throughout the state have received training using the standards established by the Medical Education Working Group.
According to Governor Charlie Baker, the core competencies were widely accepted and recently adopted by the state’s advanced practice nursing programs and professional organizations, physician assistant programs, the Massachusetts Association of Physician Assistants, the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers, and all affiliated community health centers.
Other states keen on adopting program
The success of the program can be measured from the fact that public health officials and government leadership in New York, Pennsylvania and Illinois have reposed trust in the program and are keen on replicating it after Governor Baker presented the core competencies during the National Governors Association’s summer meeting.
“Agreeing upon and expanding these core competency standards is another major step for the prevention and management phases of fighting the opioid epidemic,” said Baker. “As we search for new ways to bend the trend in this public health epidemic, we appreciate the hard work and collaboration that prescriber and academic communities have demonstrated and look forward to continuing this partnership with our nurses, physician assistants and members of the medical community.”
Recovery road map
The only way to deal with any addiction or prescription drug abuse is treatment.
Taking your medical device marketing and advertising online you need to learn some basic rules of content management. Content is the king online and it can break it or make it your advertising campaign. So, here are some of the SEO basics for you.
Create valuable content
Remember that any content your create for your business has to deliver value to your target consumers. If you can save them time or money, if you can solve problems for them, they would become your loyal admirers and you’d get high conversion rates. So, deliver value, give away content incentives in the form of articles, ebooks, lists, reports, etc.
This means your content has to contain facts, how tos, ideas, solutions, etc. Plus, it has to be put together in an engaging and readable way.
Optimize your medical device marketing content for search engines
Unlike people most search engine crawlers or spiders (i.e. robots) do not look for value, they look for keywords. That is how they identify the topic of your content and show it in the search results. So, pick your keywords smart. Do not pick general keywords. You get too high competition there. Picking long tale keywords is the best option.
These keywords may include your product name or main advantage offered by the medical devices. They may also mention the problem people want to solve and can solve through your products.
There are several ways you may research keywords. One is the Google Keyword Tool. It shows you the level of competition for your keywords, which is highly beneficial. Lower level of competition boosts your chances to get to the first pages of Google search.
Place the keywords properly in your medical device marketing content
You should follow these simple rules: use your primary keyword in the article or report title. Then you it in the first and last sentences or paragraphs of the post. And use them couple of times in the text body.
Use LSI rules for your medical device marketing content
LSI is a new feature used by Google to provide more quality search results to its users. This means that the robots are now looking not only for the keywords, but for other related terms as well. Here is what it means. If you write about medical devices, then you naturally use such words as health, health care, patients, clinics, etc., in your texts. It helps you to get your content a more natural flow, too.
Facebook has been around for over a decade now and is the most used social media platform to this day. This huge and diverse audience makes it a great playground for marketers who are looking to drive traffic to their website or affiliate offers. In recent years Facebook has been experiencing a trend of older users joining the platform, raising the average user age significantly. This is generally beneficial to us as marketers because older generations have more disposable income and are less sophisticated when it comes to technology. This means that often they are easier to sell to.
So, how can we get more likes on our posts?
This is probably one of the most important things and that is to make sure that you are posting content that people want to be associated with. Let’s say for example that you have a Facebook page to represent a local dentist. It is unlikely that people are going to associate themselves (by liking) with a super long and boring medical study about tooth decay in adults. However, it may be more likely that they will associate themselves with a funny story that happened in a dentist’s office. Make sure that you are producing content that people feel comfortable being associated with. Secondly and building upon the first point, make it shareable. Often people may see your posts and associate with them but don’t find them funny or informative enough to like them or share them. You need to make sure that your posts are shareable. An example of a post that would be shareable might be i10 things we all do in the dentist office. In this example you’ll see people tagging their friends or sharing it far more often, because it lets their friends know something funny about themselves. Ask. If you don’t ask then you don’t get. You can be discrete about this or you can be obvious. An obvious way might be to ask people at the end of your post to like and share it with their friends. Studies have shown that this can make a huge impact on the amount of likes a post receives. A more secretive way to get people to like a post might be to create a new account and comment on the post saying how much you enjoyed it and that you “had to LIKE it”.
More than anything it is important that the content that you are posting is relevant to your page. The people who are associate with your page are far more likely to “LIKE” a post which is relevant to them, rather than one that doesn’t even seem to be on the same topic as the page is.